- Admissions for 2017-18 is on. Application Sales Started.
- Admissions open for MCA 2017 - 18 Lateral Entry. Seats are available
- "23rd College Day was celebrated on 18thMarch 2017" at 10.00 am in the college Auditorium - Jaladampet Campus.
- "11th Asan Video Awards 2017" was organised on 09th March 2017 "- Jaladampet Campus. Chief Guest was Mr.Balaji Tharaneetharan, Film Director.
- International Women's Day Celebration "ASAN MAHILA 2K17"was celebrated on "8th March 2017 " in the college auditorium - Jaladampet Campus.
Hotel & Catering Management
About the Department
The three year B.sc Hotel & Catering Management course offered by the college is as per the scheme and syllabus of University of Madras, updated periodically to meet the industry expectations and requirements. In order to supplement the core programme, several courses on personality development, communication skills besides specialized training on technical skills are imparted with assistance of external consultants and resource persons. The hotel & catering management department has been provided with all the infrastructural facilities and equipments to conduct top class professional hotel management course.
The department is headed by Dr. Milton who is assisted by a team of highly motivated and competent faculty having a good blend of experience in hospitality industry and academics .The department conducts various collaborative activities such as National seminar, Mega food Festivals, Workshops in flower arrangement, Guest lectures, chef competitions, Industrial visits ,sweet demonstration, cocktail, Tandoori , vegetable carving ,quiz competitions, Interview preparatory workshop and theme luncheons to hone the technical skills of the students to mould them all round personality. These activities provide them an excellent opportunity to be exposed to a corporate hotel luminary and to get their guidance for their future.
Apart from these students are encouraged to do special week and Training , outdoor catering parties in various hotels to get hands on training in hotel management skills. Our students are encouraged to be the member of professional associations such as Chennai young skal club(Hotel &Tourism students club) and young chef in SICA(South Indian Culinary Association) which conducts more activities and give them more confidence to gain employment.
Over the years the Hotel& Catering management has established an excellent reputation for the academic performance and for the competence , quality and professionalism of its products which have been well appreciated by the Hospitality industry. Join Hotel Management for a successful career to Asan Memorial college of arts and science.
Eligibility for Admission
- A pass in +2 with (Academic or Vocational)
Highlights of the Course and Department
with job oriented skills.
authentic cooking skills and technologies.
and Culinary skills acquired by the students are showcased.
Star Hotels, Cruises, Airlines and other Hospitality industries successfully
FACULTY MEMBERS OF THE DEPARTMENT
1.Bakery Lab. 2.Training & Placement Cell. 3.Well Equipped Laundry And Maintenance Lab. 4.Quantity Food Production Lab. 5.Department Library.
Food Production Lab
Basic Food Production Lab
Advanced Food Production Lab
Food and Beverage Service Lab
Newly Modified Training Restaurant
Computerised Reception Equipped With HMS Software
Housekeeping & Model Guest Room
Events and Activities
1.Chef Competitions.  2.Compulsory Extension Services.  3.Flower Arrangement Workshop.  4.Food Festivals.  5.Guest Lectures .  6.Demonstrations.  7.Industrial Visits.  8.Industrial Exposure Training.  9.National Level Seminars.  10.Theme Luncheons.
Activities Gallery 2017-18
• 15th Sep , 4 Second year students attended IET Interview at The Trident Oberoi, Chennai.
• 15th Sep, Chocolate Demonstration & Workshop was conducted by Chef Nitin Chordia, proprietor, Cocoa Trait , Chennai, for our department students.
• 11th Sep, Tandoori Demonstration & Workshop was conducted by Chef Sounthar ,Aloft Hotels, Chennai for our Second Year students. Students learnt the art of making various types of kebabs and Indian breads .
• 9th Sep,13 of our department students were inducted as Young Skal members in the event conducted in The Residency Towers, Chennai.
• 29th August, 25 second year students & 2 Staff undertook an Industrial Visit to Taj Gateway Hotel , Shollinganallur . Chennai.Students learnt the various operational functions in the various departments.
• 18th August,5 final year students was participated in the Training Programme on “Campus to Corporate” organized by Asan Rotaract Club in the our Campus.
• 17th August, 3 of our second year students Mr. Vibin, Ms.Jennifer & Mr Rahul Vignesh participated in Inter-collegiate competitions Organised by Hindustan College.
• 16th August, Marriott Hotel conducted a Online culinary Quiz for our 12 second year students at our premises . The top two students Mr. Siddarth & Mr.Ramakrishnan got selected for the culinary Internship Training in their Hotel from 21st to 31st August2017. In this 10 days of training these students got the very good opportunity to explore to learn 6 different cuisines from Master chefs of Marriott Hotel.
Activities Gallery 2016-17
Activities Gallery 2015-16
3. Courtyard Marriott
4. Park Sheraton
5. Le Meridien
8. The Accord Metropolitan
9. Green Park
are the hotels who have conducted placement interviews in our campus.